Thursday, November 02, 2006

My Life Be Like...II

Wow...it's been a while and I have alot to say. I don't feel too confident that the way I say it will be accurate, but what the hey.

1. I'm in the opening phases of what I hope to someday be a book. I have been frustrated with the church for a while and I'm starting to come to some conclusions about what the church should and shouldn't be. This book titled "Everything I Need To Know About God I Learned From a Church Sign" will serve as the rantings of one semi-cynical twenty something and his observations of the church with a few suggestions.

2. I'm rediscovering myself. I am reminded that when I am single I am most like myself. Ironically, I have recently become single and it's no surprise that I am remembering exactly who it was that I am. I can't say it's a THRILL but it's not all that bad, to be honest.

3. I am in a crossroads to some extent of my life being 20 years old and on my way to being 21 in a couple months. I am in my 3 year of college and when you get to this year in college you being to collide with the reality of a career. I am thinking seriously now about what my career will look like. I am forced now to think beyond the "I want to be a youth pastor" attitude and instead think "I want to change peoples thinking" or some equal passion of my heart that will ultimately decide what I do.

4. I am beginning to understand the joy of studying. Always before, studying was something that everyone did because everyone had to and everyone had to study the same thing the same way and if you know me you know that I don't operate well when I'm just like everyone else; so needless to say I've never been a good student. It hasn't been until recently that I've discovered what it was like to find something worth studying, on my own, just becuase I want to know about it...it's revolutionary!

5. I am enjoying fellowship again with like-minded people. I am on a travelling worship team and the bonds that we share are something I've been missing for a while. It's great to have that home-base where you know you can be yourself and let it all hang out, people love you there and you are free to love people. It's been a great time so far and we've hardly just begun. I have to learn and I'm ready.

I don't know if there's anything else so big that's hapenning in my life that anyone would be interested in reading about...as if anyone does anyway. So that'll do for now.
peace

No comments: