Thursday, November 09, 2006

Daddy

Three Days Grace is not one of my favorite bands, but their song "Animal I Have Become" resonates with me.
The chorus of the song is what my heart is crying:

"So what if you can see,The darkest side of me?
No one will ever change this animal I have become.
Help me believe it's not the real me.
Somebody help me tame this animal I have become.
Help me believe it's not the real me.
Somebody help me tame this animal."

It's like the Father is looking down at me, His child, standing covered in mud and who knows what else. He can't really see my face partly because I'm hiding it and partly because of the sheer mass of mess. I start crying with my head down, also trying to hide that; sniffing and trying to stop with no success. He doesn't say anything to me He just takes my hand and pulls me close enough to pick me up. He puts me in His arms and carries me back to the house, where He can clean me up and tell me why it was a bad idea to do what I did. He tells me that He forgives me and that I should never do it again. He repromands me and sits me down on His lap after I'm clean and tells me that even though what I did was wrong that He let me make the decision because He wanted me to make my own mistakes because He loved me.
He loves me...that....much.
He asks me if I understand and I say, "Yes daddy"
Then he puts me down off His lap and says, let's go get some ice cream.

No comments: